1. Gather preliminary design data through accurate and thorough surveying, consultation with engineers, architects and any other appropriate methods.
2. Prepare technical drawings on paper and digital format to general practices that are accurate, neat and conform to recognized standards and procedures.
3. Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of CADD procedures and software programs to achieve efficient use of resources.
4. Develop scheme designs as per project requirements.
5. Attend site investigations, report on ground conditions and prepare basic designs.
6. Undertake the plotting and issue of technical drawings as per project requirements.
7. Take receipt of incoming technical information in paper and digital format and ensure safe and proper storage; maintain adequate records of all information received.
8. Ensure compliance of all drawing office procedures with good practice and Quality Assurance procedures, as appropriate.
9. Provide general project support including site surveys, attendance at project meetings, assistance with site inspection.
10. Keep supervisor appropriately informed regarding progress, problems and delays.
11. Create project computer files and ensure that all information is placed in the proper design file.
12. Ensure effective use of the project s computer storage capacity and efficient file access.