- The soffit of the slab shall be marked directly below each duct.
- Stressing can commence when the specified transfer strength, minimum of 25 MPa
has been reached (single phase stressing)
- Stress all PT tendons not exceeding 80% of the characteristics strength of
tendon. Additional consideration is to be given to safety and tendon
load/extension characteristics as per clause 4.7.1-section 4-BS8110-1
- Stressing sequence of strand within a duct to be:
- In general band beam tendons shall be stressed first, then slab tendons,
unless noted otherwise.
- Stressing sequence may only continue when specified concrete strength at that
stage has been achieved.
- Grout tendons after cable extensions have been approved by the structural
- Stressing recesses and pockets:
- After grouting, the temporary sealing mortar is to be removed where
applicable, form sides and bottom faces of recesses and fill with well vibrated
stiff concrete mix.
Subscribe to Strukts
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox