- Reports to his Design Supervisor.
- Studies and validates contract requirements, given in the Contract
Information Form and raises queries and requests for clarifications as
- Designs structures assigned to him using design codes, specifications,
procedures and standards with engineering rationale.
- Designs all building components satisfying the stability, serviceability and
stress requirements simultaneously under design loads and load combinations.
- Optimizes the design by utilizing optimizing techniques in order to achieve
the most economical and an adequate design.
- Plans to finish his work according to the schedules and deadlines assigned.
Gives early warning to his supervisor if the schedules cannot be met.
- Alerts his supervisor in cases such as special design requirements and
non-standard building configuration.
- Gives clear instructions to detailing engineers on his jobs in order to make
sure that his designs are understood.
- Reviews approval and erection drawings and gives final approval on them.
- Checks other design engineer’s work if checking is assigned to him.
- Participates in design meetings and suggests improvement of design
Subscribe to Strukts
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox