The reinforcement of the concrete block in no case lower than 25 kg/m3. For the
machines demanding special design consideration of foundations like for the
machine pumping explosive gases the lowest limit of reinforcement is 40 kg/m3.
3. The steel reinforcement around the pits and opening at minimum has to be
0.5-0.75% of cross-sectional area of the pits and openings.
5. The reinforcement needs to run at all 3 directions. The minimum limit of
reinforcement should have 12 mm bars at 200-250 mm spacing extending on both
directions vertically and horizontally near all the faces of the foundation
block. Remember the ends of each bars shall always be hooked.
7. In case the height of foundation block exceeds 1 meter, shrinkage
reinforcement is required to be used at suitable spacing at all three
9. Clear cover minimum ranges; 75 mm at bottom portion and 50 mm on sides and
top portion of foundations.
11. The characteristic strength of concrete need to be at minimum 15 N/mm2 i.e.
13. The castings of foundation block have to be performed preferably in a single
and continuous operation. For very big/thick blocks (>5m) construction joint
shall be used.
Subscribe to Strukts
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox